top of page



How can we help you today?

Type in the subject you would like information about:

Do children need passports?

All persons including newborns are required to obtain passports in their own names. All minors must appear in person with both parents and/or legal guardians to execute the passport application. Both parents must show valid identification. Effective February 1, 2008, children under age 16 require BOTH PARENTS’ SIGNATURES. (As provided by public law 106-113, sect. 236)

Must I apply in person?

You must always apply in person. All applicants including minors must appear in person.


Where can I get an application? 

Applications can be obtained in our office or found on the website of the U.S. Department of State. Read the instructions carefully, use black in only, and do not sign until you are in the presence of an agent.


How long does it take to get a passport?

In 2020, due to the backlog created by COVID-19, you should allow 10 to 12 weeks from the time you submit an application to the time you receive your passport.


What if I need a passport in a hurry? 

Apply in person to the nearest passport agency and present your completed passport application with all necessary paperwork. You may also apply at the Title Office for an expedited passport. An expedited passport is guaranteed by the U.S. Passport Agency to be processed and received within four to six weeks, (under current circumstances.) If you are leaving on an emergency trip in less than two weeks, contact a Passport Facility to make an appointment at 1-877-487-2778


The above information is intended to answer the most frequently asked questions. If you need
additional or more detailed information, we will be happy to explain any of the procedures to
you. Call the Lake County Title Bureau office Central (Mentor) 440-350-2800 or West
(Wickliffe) 440-918-3425 or contact the U.S. Dept. of State at 1-877-487-2778 or

bottom of page